Wyatt Waselenchuk                                          Owner         

                               Wyatt Waselenchuk

                                         Owner

        

  Wyatt is a recent graduate of the game, having completed his playing career at the end of the 2014 season. Competing in the BC Major Midget League, the BC Junior Hockey League and the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League opened doors for Wyatt to compete at the collegiate level with Minot State University, in Minot, North Dakota.  At Minot State, he excelled over 4 years, contributing to the team's first ever national championship.  Furthermore, Waselenchuk was named ACHA player of the year in 2012-2013, the only player in team history to do so.  In Wyatt's following season, the two-time All American was selected to compete at the World Winter University Games with team U.S.A. in Trentino, Italy.  

Upon graduation, Wyatt has now focused himself on developing goaltenders.  Holding a bachelor's degree in corporate fitness, as well as a concentration in coaching, while specializing in visualization, imagery and mental preparation, including all on-ice and off-ice physical training aspects.

Wyatt is the current full-time goaltender coach for the Minot Minotauros of the NAHL, as well as an assistant coach with the Minot State University Men's Hockey Team.

 

"As the owner and head instructor of Accel Goaltending it is my mission to change the way we develop our young goaltenders.  I have attended many camps over the span of an 18 year goaltending career and I know that 99% of them are run virtually the same way.  My goal is to be the other 1%.  Each camp we run will be innovative, informative, progressive and demanding on each and every goaltender.  I truly believe that having someone that is so closely removed from the game, such as myself, bodes extremely well in the relationships I have with the goalies I work with.  I have seen absolutely nothing but growth and positivity since setting out to become one of the elite goaltender development coaches in Western Canada.  

I encourage you as a parent, to reach out and ask questions about our program.  I am positive that you will be glad you did.  This is so much more than your typical goalie school.  This is a mentorship program that will last the span of your young goaltenders career. "

Phone: (701) 578-5717

Email: wwaselenchuk@accelgoaltending.com

Austin Caktas

Head Instructor

(Lower Mainland, BC)

Austin played his minor hockey in Port Coquitlam, BC and played junior hockey in the VIJHL.  Austin is a past student of Accel Goaltending and came on board as an instructor in the summer of 2015.  Austin currently works with many goaltenders on a weekly basis, and the feedback received is nothing short of incredible.  His personable attitude as well as his technical and mental knowledge of the game is well beyond his years.

Austin believes in an extraordinary work ethic and great attention to detail to take your game to the next level.  He’s not afraid to challenge students and push them to their utmost potential.  He takes great pride in developing his students the right way, both on and off the ice.

Email: acaktas@accelgoaltending.com

 


Camp Instructors

LEDUC- PATRICK DEA- EDMONTON OIL KINGS (WHL)

REGINA- LOGAN FLODELL- SASKATOON BLADES (WHL)


I would just like to say a big thank you from my husband and I for your work with Brett during the season! We really appreciate your time and patience with him. You have taken time to truly understand who he is as a young man... beyond who he is as a goaltender! You have helped him on and off the ice and I know your words and advice mean a lot to Brett (he reads your texts for advice regularly). You have a huge talent for coaching and have lit a spark in Brett to want to pursue coaching himself, in the future. We look forward to having you continue to work with Brett and continue to help him develop to his full potential!
— Kristine and Geoff Bateman, Cloverdale B.C.